Hi. I’m a sophomore and I want to know which student societies I should join in college to best prepare myself for getting a big 4 job straight out of college. Also, when should I start attending career fairs and getting internships?
Yeah you should do everything right now (I assume you’re starting sophomore not finishing?). Sophomore is the time, junior could too late dude
For me I think the best thing that you can do is to join as many clubs as you can as early as you can. It depends then if you attend a target school or not, because target schools I think make it a lot easier to get into the big 4 because they recruit directly at your school from those clubs. Join the accounting or business society (even if that’s not your major) or a fraternity.
Hi Justin! You should concentrate on a few specific tasks which will pay huge dividends down the line:
- Attend every possible event related to the Big 4 and network extensively
- To make the above possible, join some societies and/or fraternities (and attempt to become an executive member)
- Try and attend Big 4 summer leadership programs and internships
- Get experience outside of your major so that you will appear to be a well rounded candidate
- When the time comes, undertake as many mock interviews as possible
Oh and just have fun! Don’t spend all your time worrying about your future career…